Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Week 2 —- Video Production On the Fly

***





An unexpected advance in the production of my Workbook videos - PowerPoint, a program I generally hate, but which I’ve discovered is very good for creating video presentations (if you have a relative recent version of the program). 

I used my iPad camera, screencast-o-matic and Adobe Scan to produce the video for my Week 1 Workbook - a circuitous but quick process (advantage) but fairly scrappy end-product visually (disadvantage).

This time I simply dumped screenshots from the workbook into a series of PowerPoint slides, used voice narration for each slide and exported as a video (MP4). I then uploaded to YouTube.

PROs - 

1) Very easy, practically automated process. No problems converting presentation to video. There are loads of simple YouTube tutorials to follow if you get stumped;
2) Good quality audio (voice over narration) and resolution;
3) Facility to easily edit voice over narration;
4) Can use call outs, shapes, pointers, text boxes, drawing and other tools to enhance slides.

CONs - 

1) Tend to spend a lot more time on initial creation of the presentation as there are more tool choices;
2) Took a long to time to export presentation to video;
3) Huge file size (from 30MB presentation to 250MB video) - slow upload time to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment